Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my mom's handwritten recipes that I just discovered. Hope you like it!
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups boiling water
- Mix together 1/4 cup brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, raisns and milk in a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining brown sugar and nutmeg on top of batter and dot with butter.
- Pour on the boiling water.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
What a great tasting pudding. It is simply delicious and so easy to make. The flavor was excellent and was just sweet enough. Thanks for sharing your Mom's recipe. I will make this again.
Kids loved it. Might try adding a bit of apple next time. Such an easy dessert to make with ingredients I always have on hand.
Loved it! I also added 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. I will be making this again and again!