Recipe by Fauve
It's so fast and easy and delicious! You don't even have to pre-cook the noodles! My family loves this nearly as much as the pan lasagna I make. We sometimes add a dollop of cottage cheese to top off this soup...
Top Review by KathyShu
Great flavor - loved it. Made a few minor modifications: added sm. chopped onion in with gr. beef while browning; rinsed meat to eliminate excess fat; added more garlic powder and italian seasoning; used no salt added tomatoes; added 1 8oz can no salt added tomato sauce; added 2 c. water (was very thick while cooking the noodles); stirred 1 tablespoon low fat ricotta cheese into each bowl of soup when serving. Will definately make it again.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning (dry)
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked corkscrew macaroni (or mafalda, if you can find it)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef in skillet until browned.
- Pour/drain off fat.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, broth, tomatoes& Italian Seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in uncooked pasta.
- Reduce heat to medium heat& cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Stir in cheese.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.