Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This easy "quiche" is great with salad or by itself for lunch. Although this only serves one, I think it can be increased for more and baked in a quche dish. This is an old Weight Watchers recipe from an old WW cookbook when they had exchanges (Weight Watchers Quick Start Program Cookbook) but I think if following the WW flex plan it comes to about 7 points. This recipe uses "real" cheese, but if you use low-fat cheese you can lower the points by about 1 point or so.
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ounce swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon imitation bacon bits
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spray a custard cup (10 ounce) or a 1 1/2 cup casserole (or a small pie dish) with Pam and set aside.
- In a small bowl beat together milk and egg; stir in Swiss Cheese, bacon bits and pepper.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place baking dish into a baking pan and fill pan with boiling water to a depth of about an inch.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove quiche from water and keep warm.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This is actually very easy to put together. I used egg substitute and real bacon bits. Something to make again. It was served alongside fresh melon.