1/3 Photos of Quick Quiche Lorraine
From Penzey's Spices and written by Howard Helmer, this recipe is so easy a novice can prepare it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Using a fork prick the inside of the frozen pie crust.
- 2Bake for 8 minutes.
- 3Remove from the oven and lower oven to 325F.
- 4Meanwhile cook the bacon in a medium skillet on medium heat. Drain on paper towels.
- 5Add chopped onion and salt and pepper to bacon fat. Saute over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- 6Increase to heat to high and cook onions until golden.
- 7Transfer onion to pie shell.
- 8In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the half and half. Stir in the cheese and cooked bacon.
- 9Pour this mixture into pie shell.
- 10Bake until set, about 40 minutes.
- 11Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Quiche Lorraine
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.3
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 182.3 mg
- Sodium 418.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g