Recipe by Romany The Cat
Very quick and easy. The pastry forms a layer at the bottom (usually). I precook things like bacon and such. I also like to drizzle over a little BBQ sauce for flavour before cooking.
Top Review by Adriana in Mexico City
I did not have baking mix so I used hot cake mix. I also added a cup of chopped ham and 1/2 cup gratesd cheese. The result was a beautiful golden dish. The flavor was good, but the whole thing resembeled an omellete more in texture and flavor than a quiche. The tomato adds a nice touch that I'll definitively inculde in my next quiche.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup baking mix
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- grated cheese
- sliced tomatoes
- onions or bacon or beans (etc, op)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180c (moderate) Beat eggs.
- Add milk and pastry mix and seasonings.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Place the optional things thing an oiled pie dish and pour over pastry mix.
- Carefully lay down some sliced tomatoes and sprinkle over grated cheese.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes.