Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are fast and better than anything you could get at any restaurant! They look great when placed on a foreman grill...that's the secret! I have always had to make extra because these go pretty fast!
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb shredded chicken
- taco seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa con queso
- sour cream
- First, cook your ground beef or chicken through. If using beef, crumble. If using chicken, shred. Add taco seasoning and let simmer until done.
- Warm tortilla shells either in microwave or oven just until slightly warm.
- Spread whole tortilla with salsa con queso.
- On one half, add meat and shredded cheese.
- Fold tortilla and place in a Foreman grill for about 2 minutes.
- Let stand about 1 minute before cutting in half.
- Serve with sour cream.
This was a WONDERFUL meal! Somehow I made a mistake and purchased the Taco Bell Fajita seasoning, but it was fine. I also added about 3 TBS of taco sauce to the ground beef. I have made this now for three days since last week. It is a hit. I also made this with deli turkey, salsa conqueso and shreeded cheese for breakfast. Shauwan
These are fabulous!!! Definately our favourite recipe of yours so far! Hubby said this is his second favourite Mexican dish, and I just loved them! we made them with chicken, and modified them a little for the kids, but even they loved their version. We'll make these often, as they are a really quick dinner for those days when I just can't do the whole big dinner thing! Great recipe Linzi! [Made for Fall 08 PAC]
These are so delicious! I made with ground beef and hope to make them this weekend using the chicken. Great flavor and we really enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for sharing, Linzi Jordon.