Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
healthy and easy, all wrapped up in one package. what more could you ask for!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or mexican blend)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Lightly oil or coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peppers, chili powder, and onion powder and cook until the peppers are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Add the corn, beans, salsa, and 1½ cups of the cheese to the skillet and cook until the mixture is heated through and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- To assemble the quesadillas, arrange the bean mixture evenly over half of each tortilla. Fold over, press down gently, and place each on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and olives as desired over the tortillas.
- Bake until the cheese melts and the tortillas become crisp on the outside, about 10 minutes. Cut into quarters and serve. Top with sour cream as desired.