Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our family has known for decades, that if you have a canker(mouth)sore, you eat 1/2 can of green beans and the canker will be gone the following day. A prescribed medication, recently, rendered my mouth full of cankers and too sore to even chew canned green beans. DIL suggested putting the canned green beans in my Bullet blender (best invention in years).My thought was, baby food. Okay! DH suggested soup! Thus this tasty recipe was born only an hour ago. I am waiting to see what the Zaar-ist comunity will add to it. Tabasco? Bacon? A grilled cheese sandwich? I dedicate this recipe to my DIL, Shar.
- In soup pot or large sauce pan, melt the butter.
- Add the onions and caramelize.
- When onions are golden add the minced garlic and herbs.
- When garlic smells wonderful, add the broth and heat through.
- Add the pureed green beans and salt & pepper,and lemon juice.
- Heat to serving temperature, bowl-up, add a dollop of sour cream.
This is amazing! I did a couple changes like Im not a beef person so I used chicken broth and I don't eat basil. But I make this soup all the time and its very healthy and low calorie!!!