Recipe by kaliwags
Enjoy the rich flavors of fall with this simple soup. It only takes about 20 mins to make.
Top Review by Faux Domesticity
I'm sorry, but this just wasn't to our liking. It was our first experience with Pumkin Soup for all of us. I may try and fool around with spices, if I find I have the ingredients on hand again, but otherwise, I probably won't be making this again. Sorry.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 (15 ounce) cansof packed pumpkin
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often until very soft-about 8 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, water, milk, syrup, salt and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes whisking often.
- Now serve and enjoy!