Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
I found this recipe on the Country Door website and since I love pumpkin cookie recipes, this was very different from any I had seen before. I am putting it on zaar for safe keeping.
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix, oats, and spices; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg, pumpkin, and oil.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet, flattened slightly by back of spoon.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Mix together the powdered sugar, orange peel, and orange juice.
- Add additional juice if thinner consistency is desired.
- Frost completely cooled cookies.
- Store in airtight container.