Recipe by justcallmetoni
Another addition for the 2005 World Tour. Not sure I will have a chance to test this one but it looks delicious.
Top Review by buelow
Came out a little thinner than we had expected, so we added a tiny bit of flour in the end to thicken, but it was delicious. Maybe a mixture of different types of mushrooms would make this dish even more exciting. Very good as is though, and would certainly make this again. Wonderful cold weather recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb fresh white mushroom (about 5 cups, sliced)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 2 (13 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, and herbe de Provence, and cook and stir until onion is very tender and mushrooms are slightly golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, tomatoes (including liquid), and wine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer to blend flavors, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of the beans until smooth; add to stew. Stir in remaining beans and heat until hot, about 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.