Recipe by mandabears
Spritz cookies using a cake mix, what a time saver and what a cookie. Yes the recipe does call for both butter and shortening. I always use a yellow cake mix, and you can experiment, but marble is a disaster, trust me on that.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheets lightly.
- In a large bowl mix butter, shortening, egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Thoroughly blend in cake mix 1/3 at a time until well blended.
- Fill cookie press and press as usual.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheets and remove to wire rack.