Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This only takes about an hour to make. Keeps one week in the refrigerator.
- 1 large lemon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml coarse sea salt
- Combine ingredients in a small skillet over medium high heat; stir to dissolve salt.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, simmer until lemon slices are nearly tender (peel will appear translucent), about 10 minutes.
- Cool; store in the refrigerator up to one week.
So easy! I used it to make Chicken, Olive and Lemon Tangine and even my DH, who doesn't care for olives loved the lemony flavor.. Thanks for sharing, made for ZWT9
What a great recipe! Loved how simple and fast this was. Thanks threeovens for sharing this gem. Made for ZWT9.
I love this recipe! It allows me to make small amounts of the lemon in a short time, excellent. I'll be using this batch up for this round of ZWT 9. Thanks so much for sharing this wee wonder. :D