Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
No candy thermometer required and in side by side taste tests with regular pralines, these always win.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- In medium saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil; stir in sugars.
- Return to boiling; boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Beat until mixture thickens.
- Immediately drop from teaspoon onto wax paper.
This is the first recipe I've tried for pralines. They turned out great. My husband is a huge praline fan, and said these are as good as the ones we buy in Savannah. I used dark brown sugar because that's what I had, but I really don't think that mattered. It was very easy for those of us who are terrified of a candy thermometer!
These were very good. My candy thermometer broke and my first batch of my other pralines messed up. I found this one and it was really good. Thanks!
I was surprised..these were really good..and like other review..I needed a quick sugar fix!