Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
I'm posting this recipe in response to a request. I found it in the Nov. 19, 2002 issue of Woman's World magazine, where my sister had mini-mystery published! You could make these treats and then curl up with this magazine, your favorite magazine, or novel!
- 24 graham cracker squares
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Arrange graham crackers in single layer in ungreased 15 x 10" jelly-roll pan.
- Heat brown sugar and margarine to boiling in 2-qt. saucepan.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour sugar mixture over crackers; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool slightly.
- Break into squares.
I got this recipe off of the Betty Crocker website yesterday. It was quick and easy, and a very "light" tasting snack.
Quick, easy and delicious!! We all loved these! I shared some with my neighbor who immediately asked for the recipe! I used butter instead of margarine, and on half of the pan I sprinkled chocolate chips, too! Oh so good! :)
I make this with slivered or shaved almonds and it is also delicious! Cathy Vick