Recipe by Ms. Ayon's dishes
It's a little twist, fast and easy, from the traditional and time consuming way of making it, but still, with a ......deliciossso....flavor!!!
- 3 lbs chicken legs with thigh, cut in halves
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cansof el pato tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 large cabbage, shredded
- 10 -12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 -5 lemons, quartered
- 10 -12 tostadas
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In large stock pot add enough water to cover chicken.
- Let it come to a boil and simmer for approximately 30-40 minutes, making sure it doesn’t dry out, adding water as needed, keeping it in a soup consistency.
- Add hominy, El Pato tomato sauce and chicken bouillon.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes longer.
- Ladle/spoon into a large individual serving bowl.
- Garnish with cabbage, onions and radishes to taste.
- Add some lemon and oregano to taste.
- Enjoy it with tostadas on the side.