1 hr 10 mins
Ms. Ayon's dishes's Note:
It's a little twist, fast and easy, from the traditional and time consuming way of making it, but still, with a ......deliciossso....flavor!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken legs with thigh, cut in halves
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans of el pato tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 large cabbage, shredded
- 10 -12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 -5 lemons, quartered
- 10 -12 tostadas
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1In large stock pot add enough water to cover chicken.
- 2Let it come to a boil and simmer for approximately 30-40 minutes, making sure it doesn’t dry out, adding water as needed, keeping it in a soup consistency.
- 3Add hominy, El Pato tomato sauce and chicken bouillon.
- 4Let it simmer for 20 minutes longer.
- 5Ladle/spoon into a large individual serving bowl.
- 6Garnish with cabbage, onions and radishes to taste.
- 7Add some lemon and oregano to taste.
- 8Enjoy it with tostadas on the side.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Pozole De Pollo
Serving Size: 1 (658 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.8
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 188.4 mg
- Sodium 801.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 47.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: