Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Easy, quick, and delicious potato-leek soup. This is my own recipe, generated from experimenting in my kitchen and preparing meals for 12 years for my wife and I. When chopping your leek, cut it lengthwise in half and then half again before cutting across the grain, to make 1" strips
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 leek, chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth or 3 (15 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package cream or 1 (16 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1. Pour broth into large stock pot and add leeks.
- 2. Bring to a boil and add remainder of ingredients.
- 3. Cook and stir until cheese has melted before reducing heat to simmer.
- 4. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5. Enjoy!