Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This soup can be made 2 days ahead and refrigerated.
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery & leaves, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen tiny peas, thawed
- 2 small green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine broth, onion, celery, and carrot in a saucepan.
- Cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add peas, green onion, and garlic.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Transfer in batches to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, blend in cream and heat though.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or chilled.