Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Add celery if you would like. DBF wont eat celery so I leave it out.
Make and share this Quick Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean pot roast
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 7 red potatoes, cut in large wedges
- 1 onion, extra large dice
- 1 lb fresh baby carrots
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Rub the roast with the tbs of old bay seasoning on all sides.
- Sear the roast on all sides for about 10-12 minutes in the olive oil.
- Place the roast in a large baking pan or dish while leaving the juices in the skillet.
- Add the potatoes, onion, baby carrots, garlic to the roast in baking dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the meat and veggies.
- In the same skillet the meat was seared in, CAREFULLY heat the remaining ingredients (beef broth, tomato sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar) with the oil.
- **When you initially put last the ingredients in the skillet, the oil may splatter so do it very slowly.**.
- Pour the thin sauce mixture over the meat and veggies in the baking dish and cover.
- Bake for around 2 1/2-3 hours, checking on the meat about half way through.