Recipe by chia
this usually takes hours to prepare but this is the quick easy version. serve this with sour cream, salsa, rice, chopped onions, grated cheese- whatever you like this can also be made with ground chicken or turkey for lighter fare
Top Review by munkii
This recipe is delicious! The few changes I made included: using one bag of Quorn tenders rather than pork, vegetable broth in place of chicken broth, and twice as much garlic. Next time I make it, I'll leave in some of the jalapeño seeds, add a spot of lime juice, and garnish with some pickled onions or radishes.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans hominy, drained and rinsed with cold water
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄2 cup basil or 1⁄2 cup parsley, to taste
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in a deep large skillet.
- add pork, onions, garlic and cumin, stir, cook until browned.
- add flour, cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- add broth, and hominy, stirring until well blended, lower to simmer, cook 20 minutes uncovered, until thickened.
- stir in cilantro and jalapeno, simmer for a few more minutes.
- season to taste with salt& pepper.