- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 lb boneless pork chop (sliced into 1/4 inch strips)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes or 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup apple cider or 1⁄2 cup stock or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (rinsed & drained)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook bacon over med.
- heat until almost crisp.
- Stir in meat, onion, garlic and thyme.
- S& P to taste.
- Cook 4 minutes.
- Add liquid and tomatoes and bring to boil.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add beans during the last 5 minutes or until heated through.