What's Cooking?'s Note:
This delicious and quick recipe calls for "1 tube prepared polenta" - Many grocery stores carry pre-made polenta in tubes in the refrigerator section which can be sliced into rounds. If you don't have access to pre-made polenta or wish to make your own, I recommend following RecipeZaar "Grilled Polenta Rounds" (omitting only the last step). Alternately, you can make polenta to your liking, spreading it on a baking sheet while still hot in a 1/4" layer, and cool it in the fridge for an hour or until firm, then use a juice glass to cut small disks out of the polenta. I changed this recipe on 12/11/06 to reflect reviewers' feedback.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared polenta (original, unflavored)
- 1/2 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Spray or spread cooking oil on the bottom and sides of a broiler-safe baking dish.
- 2Cut polenta in 1/4" thick disks. Place these disks on the bottom of the greased baking dish, overlapping them slightly so that there is no space in between disks.
- 3Sprinkle cheese evenly across the polenta.
- 4In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add olive oil. When the butter/oil mixture is fully heated, immediately add sage, stirring constantly. Cook for no more than 30 seconds.
- 5Add chopped garlic and sauté very briefly, until garlic starts to perfume the oil but has not yet browned. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from heat and drizzle over polenta.
- 6Broil for 3-5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Polenta Rounds With Sage Butter and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.0
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 378.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: