Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sounds really good.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (26 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 6 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- additional cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a soup kettle or dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add soup, water, spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add cheese, cook and stir until melted. Garnish with additional cheese if desired.
So happy you posted this here. This soup is a lunchroom favorite at our elementary school and generally shows up at church soup suppers because we parents know the kids will eat it. For a bit more zing you can saute onions and green peppers with the ground beef or add your other favorite pizza toppings such as diced pepperoni or black olives. Thanks for putting this at my fingertips looneytunesfan! :)
I found this same recipe in my TOH ground beef cookbook. I made this last night with grilled cheese sandwiches and everyone loved it I gave it 5 stars because my 18mos. old is the worst eater ever and he ate 2 bowls of this soup which is a miracle. It made enough soup for another meal which I froze. This is a kid friendly and quick dinner. This is a keeper in my house. Thanks!