Recipe by Brandess
Pizza toppings are baked inside flaky crescent layers, and then sliced into triangles perfect for dipping in pizza sauce or ranch dressing. Our favorite dip for these melts is ranch dressing with blue cheese crumbles.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I made two of these tonight for dinner. For both I used Pillsbury Thin Crust Pizza dough in the can. I also used thin sliced ham and pepporoni and I didn't measure the pizza sauce. I also used italian seasoning instead of oregano and just sprinkled it on along with the parm cheese. For the first one we used the amount of cheese called for in the ingredient list but we thought it was a bit much. I also greased the first pan and the bottom really burnt. The second one we cut back on the cheese and I didn't grease the pan and it was perfect. We really enjoyed these. You can really use whatever ingredients you want in these. We will make them again with the less cheese, not greasing the pan and with the other changes we made with adding the ham and italian seasoning.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pepperoni, sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup pizza sauce, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease cookie sheet. On cookie sheet, unroll 1 can of dough into 1 large rectangle. With floured rolling pin or fingers, roll or press dough into 12x9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- Spread 1/4 cup pizza sauce over dough to within 1/4 inch of edges. Top with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
- On 14-inch length of parchment paper, unroll remaining can of dough. Press to make 12x9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. While holding paper with dough, turn dough upside down to cover cheese. Remove paper. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand on cooling rack 5 to 10 minutes. Move to cutting board. Using pizza cutter, cut into 16 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally. Serve with 1 cup pizza sauce.