Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Baking the dough before topping it with tomato keeps the crust crisp. Be sure to use fresh mozzarella, which comes packed in water and can be found with other gourmet cheeses.
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 5 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Unroll crust dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat into a 13 x 11-inch rectangle. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Remove crust from oven, and brush with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Rub crust with cut sides of garlic.
- Arrange tomato slices on crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon oil and vinegar, stirring with a whisk.
- Sprinkle pizza evenly with sliced basil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the vinegar mixture evenly over the pizza. Cut pizza into 8 pieces.