Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Kids can help with this.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat water and oil to 120 degrees.
- Combine 1 1/2 C flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in 2 quart batter bowl. Add warm water mixture and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes. Stir in additional 1 1/2 C flour by hand to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Knead dough for 10 minutes, adding remaining 1/2 C flour as needed to keep dough from sticking. Dough should be smooth, but not sticky when finished kneading.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a large greased bowl, turning dough over to grease top. Cover with a damp cloth.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.