Prep 5 mins
Cook 26 mins
These are done in less than 1/2 hour. They have a great pizza taste.
Make and share this Quick Pizza Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 toasted seseme seed hamburger buns
- 4 tomatoes, slices
- 4 mozarella cheese slices
- Mix together the ground round, and next 6 ingredients.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Heat oil and cook burgers for about 15-20 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Place toasted bun bottoms on baking sheet.
- Put a burger on top of each.
- Place a tomato slice and a mozzarella slice on each burger.
- Broil about 7 inches from the heat for about 4 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top with toasted bun tops.
I made these for a quick dinner tonight. The only thing I did differently was to cook them on the grill and then I finished them off with the tomato and cheese under the broiler. Everyone seemed to like them. Thanks!
My family was crazy over these burgers. I served them with tortellini pasta salad and dinner was great! I did make a couple changes due to necessity, but it was still *your* recipe! I used dried minced onion instead of fresh and 4 cheese pasta sauce instead of tomato paste (about 1/4 cup). Because I had to stretch my ground beef (1 1/4 lbs.- I ended up with 7 smaller burgers), I added some fresh bread crumbs and an egg. Topped the cooked burgers with the cheese and more 4 cheese pasta sauce instead of the tomato slices. The seasonings in the burgers was just right...they really had a pizza flavor. I think the broiling is a great finish and added that something special. My whole family agreed not to try another recipe because this one is "the one"! Thanks!
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't have tomato paste and it is snowing so I wasn't running out for any. I used pizza sauce instead. I also didn't add the salt and used italian spices instead of the oregano. I also didn't add the oil when cooking the burgers. I think next time I would top them with pizza sauce also.