Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found on bettycrocker.com. I've always wanted to make one of these cakes so I thought I would pass this recipe along to anybody else who would like to try it.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- maraschino cherry (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In 9-inch round pan or 8-inch square pan, melt butter in oven
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices in single layer over sugar mixture
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice (cherries with stems can be added after baking).
- In large bowl, beat remaining ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly
- Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over.
- Leave pan over cake a few minutes so brown sugar mixture can drizzle over cake; remove pan.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before serving
- Store loosely covered.
Just was over at Betty Crocker myself, Bisquick, and made this tonight with fresh pineapple and came to RecipeZaar to see if anyone had entered it - and here it was. Turned out wonderful, as usual - made with Bisquick Lite and used Splenda for sugar & Splenda Blend Brown Sugar and Brummel and Brown Yogurt Butter for the butter. Always have loved this recipe - quick - easy - and wonderful ! Thanks for saving me having to post it!
I grew up on this recipe. I don't think I have ever had another recipe that even came close to being as good as this one. Thank you for posting it as I don't leave my Bisquick in the box and always have to search for the recipe.