Recipe by Tattooed Lady
Found on bettycrocker.com. I've always wanted to make one of these cakes so I thought I would pass this recipe along to anybody else who would like to try it.
Top Review by lesliecoy
Just was over at Betty Crocker myself, Bisquick, and made this tonight with fresh pineapple and came to RecipeZaar to see if anyone had entered it - and here it was. Turned out wonderful, as usual - made with Bisquick Lite and used Splenda for sugar & Splenda Blend Brown Sugar and Brummel and Brown Yogurt Butter for the butter. Always have loved this recipe - quick - easy - and wonderful ! Thanks for saving me having to post it!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- maraschino cherry (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In 9-inch round pan or 8-inch square pan, melt butter in oven
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices in single layer over sugar mixture
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice (cherries with stems can be added after baking).
- In large bowl, beat remaining ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly
- Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over.
- Leave pan over cake a few minutes so brown sugar mixture can drizzle over cake; remove pan.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before serving
- Store loosely covered.