Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my mother-inlaw. It's fast, low on ingredients and high on taste. Perfect for those times when you want desert but don't have much time.
- 2 (20 ounce) cansof cushed pineapple
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (I prefer Duncan Hines)
- 1⁄3 cup melted margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- Drain the juice from both cans of pineapple and pour in to a 1 1/2 quart oven safe dish (round is best).
- Next, pour dry cake mix evenly over the pineapple.
- Drizzle melted margarine over top of dry cake mix, being careful to wet the mix as evenly as possible.
- A few missed spots is typical and won't hurt the outcome.
- Finally, bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or untill the top of desert is a deep golden brown color.
- Allow to cool (uncovered).