Tangy, delicious and very quick to make
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate egg yolks (keep whites for future use, or use for meringue topping).
- 2Mix custard powder with water.
- 3Bring crushed pineapple and its juice to boiling point in a saucepan.
- 4Add custard powder mixture while stirring.
- 5Take pan off the heat as soon as mixture thickens.
- 6Quickly add 2 egg yolks and I Tblsp butter, stir until well mixed.
- 7Leave to cool.
- 8Spoon into pie crust and chill.
- 9Serve with cream or icecream- or if you have time, make a meringue topping: Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 10Slowly add caster sugar while still beating.
- 11Pile meringue on top of pie.
- 12Bake at 180 for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Pineapple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.1
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 193.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: