Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I use this on all sorts of cakes: White, yellow, pineapple, banana and even a strawberry one once. It is quick and easy and a lighter icing than the normal "sugary" ones.
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (you can also use pineapple, banana or cheesecake for a different taste)
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Add pineapple to dry pudding mix.
- Beat well.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Frost cake. (Make sure to keep the leftover cake in the refrigerator).
This has been a recipe classic in my family for years! I can't take the sweetness of most icings and this is light and fresh-tasting. It is pefect with lemon cake. Thanks for posting. :)