Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love fresh pineapple and I try to include it into as much cooking as I can. This recipe is delicious, with the fresh pineapple. Its fairly quick to make too.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Beat egg; add milk and cooled shortening.
- Pour into flour mixture; stir only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn into greased and floured 8 inch round layer cake pan.
- Mix pineapple, honey and butter together.
- Spoon pineapple topping over batter.
- Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Bake in preheated 400 oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.