Top Review by Darkhunter
Such a pretty bread! And it tastes good, too! The batter is very, very stiff, so be prepared! I used green candied cherries, as that's what I had on hand. This would make a very pretty holiday bread. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Christine. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup candied cherry, halved
- 1 egg
- 1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple, in syrup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a loaf pan, 9 x 5 x 3.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl; stir in walnuts and cherries.
- Beat egg well in a medium-size bowl; stir in pineapple and syrup, milk and vegetable oil.
- Add all at once to flour mixture; stir just until evenly moist.
- Spoon into prepared pan; spread top even.
- Bake in a moderate over (350 degrees F) for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Loosen around edges with a knife; turn out onto a rack.
- Cool completely.
- Wrap loaf in plastic wrap.
- Store overnight to mellow flavors.