Recipe by BB502
Real Comfort Food!This is such a different recipe for Pierogies. We love the change from regular pierogies. These potato filled dough pockets taste soo good when made this way!When we have leftover regular pierogies, we make a casserole of these! Yummm!You can vary the recipe with different "add-ins" also. We add different chopped veggies, or ham, or bacon, etc.Really a great no-meat dish, also!
Top Review by KellyMae
This was good. Easy and creamy. Subbed frozen spinach for the green pepper. Used 16 of the half moon pierogies, and there is enough sauce for even a few more. Served with sausages. Next time I will try with cream of chicken soup.
- 1 (16 ounce) package potato & cheese pierogies (about 12 pierogies)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or any Cream soup)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°Boil Pierogies for about 5-8 minutes.
- Then drain.
- In a small skillet, melt margarine.
- Saute onion and green pepper for about 5 minutes.
- In a 2 quart casserole, combine drained pierogies with onion and green peppers.
- Blend milk and soup and pour over casserole.
- Top with Cheese.
- Bake in 350° oven for 35 minutes.