Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Real Comfort Food!This is such a different recipe for Pierogies. We love the change from regular pierogies. These potato filled dough pockets taste soo good when made this way!When we have leftover regular pierogies, we make a casserole of these! Yummm!You can vary the recipe with different "add-ins" also. We add different chopped veggies, or ham, or bacon, etc.Really a great no-meat dish, also!
- Preheat oven to 350°Boil Pierogies for about 5-8 minutes.
- Then drain.
- In a small skillet, melt margarine.
- Saute onion and green pepper for about 5 minutes.
- In a 2 quart casserole, combine drained pierogies with onion and green peppers.
- Blend milk and soup and pour over casserole.
- Top with Cheese.
- Bake in 350° oven for 35 minutes.
This was good. Easy and creamy. Subbed frozen spinach for the green pepper. Used 16 of the half moon pierogies, and there is enough sauce for even a few more. Served with sausages. Next time I will try with cream of chicken soup.
this was very good, though i would suggest adding some herbs/garlic to spike the taste, as i found it a tad bland. i added some mixed herbs, used portabellos instead on green pepper, topped with seasoned breadcrumbs and it turned out very well.