Recipe by Elmotoo
I've been making this for years. It's fast, easy & delicious! I don't recall where I first found the recipe but it's not here, yet.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
I love pickles, and they love me! I followed this perfectly and exactly, the only little add was a bit of sweet onion slices to marinate right along with these delicious, succulent, bites of love. Crunchy, and so pleasant tasting, I ate the first batch, without waiting for the chill to come. Made these again for later tonite! All this greatness on a fork! Perfection +.
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 kirby cucumbers, cut into 1-inch slices on an angle
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, salt, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium high heat until it begins to simmer and sugar dissolves.
- Toss the dill, bay leaf, and sliced cucumbers together in a heat-proof bowl.
- Pour the simmering liquid over the cucumbers and stir to evenly coat.
- Allow to cool to room temperature or chill before serving.