Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is the easiest pickle I have ever made. I got this recipe from Taste of Home The longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better it tastes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 8 cups cucumbers, sliced, do not peel
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- Stir sugar in the vinegar until dissolved. Add salt, celery salt, and dill seed, mixing together.
- Pour over cucumbers and onions.
- Stir and push under liquid.
- Let stand for 24 hours.
- Put in jars and refrigerate.
- No need to can, just keep in refrigerator.
- They will keep indefinetely in refrigerator.
- NOTE: Even though it seems like you don't have enough liquid at first,in several hours you will have enough liquid to cover the cucumbers.
These pickles are wonderful!!! I did not have dill seed, so I prepared them with dill weed. I also was not able to let them marinate at room temp for a full 24 hrs before I refrigerated them, but they were still flavorful and delicious. If you like sweet dill pickles, this is the recipe for you. Everyone who tasted them has asked for the recipe, it couldn't be simpler.
These are tasty! Also these pickles are easy to make. Thanks!
These are wonderful pickles. This recipe is added to my all time favorites for sure.