Recipe by tuttifrutti
This is the easiest pickle I have ever made. I got this recipe from Taste of Home The longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better it tastes
Top Review by Milking Mom
These pickles are wonderful!!! I did not have dill seed, so I prepared them with dill weed. I also was not able to let them marinate at room temp for a full 24 hrs before I refrigerated them, but they were still flavorful and delicious. If you like sweet dill pickles, this is the recipe for you. Everyone who tasted them has asked for the recipe, it couldn't be simpler.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 8 cups cucumbers, sliced, do not peel
- 1 cup onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir sugar in the vinegar until dissolved. Add salt, celery salt, and dill seed, mixing together.
- Pour over cucumbers and onions.
- Stir and push under liquid.
- Let stand for 24 hours.
- Put in jars and refrigerate.
- No need to can, just keep in refrigerator.
- They will keep indefinetely in refrigerator.
- NOTE: Even though it seems like you don't have enough liquid at first,in several hours you will have enough liquid to cover the cucumbers.