Recipe by LadyLuck1337
I use these in egg salad and on toast and on pickle trays and, sadly enough, I eat them right out of the jar. The pickling solution is really concentrated so they only need about 1 day before they're good, but a week makes them perfect.
Top Review by pookie123
these are really yummy and quick, i have made a few jars and given them away and everybody asks for the recipe, but i must say that i only use about 1table spoon of sea salt not three. thank you for sharing this recipe
- 2 medium onions, as strong as you can find them, cut into rings
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 7 peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring all ingredients except onions to a boil.
- Reduce heat and gently boil for one minute.
- While mixture is boiling, cram onion rings into a glass jar as tightly as you can. Don't worry if the rings break. This is not a pretty pickle.
- Remove boiling mixture from stove and pour directly into the jar. Allow bubbles to rise to the surface, then refill as needed leaving 2cm headroom.
- Screw lid on gently and allow to cool on counter top.
- Once cooled, refrigerate for up to one month.
- This is not a sterilized pickle. Do not store unrefrigerated!