Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
NY Times - Adapted from a recipe by Molly Wizenberg
Make and share this Quick Pickled Red Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the first six ingredients in a medium saucepan, and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, peel the onions, cut in half, and slice as thinly as possible into half moons.
- When the brine comes to a boil, add the onion slices and stir. Remove the pan from the heat, cover, and let stand for about 25 minutes.
- Transfer the onions and brine to a large bowl, and set aside to cool at room temperature.
- When the onions are fully cooled, pour them and their brine into jars with tight-fitting lids, and store in the refrigerator. These quick pickles are ready to be eaten as soon as they are fully cold.
- They will keep, chilled, for up to 2 weeks.
I made these 2 days ago and had my first bite today. Very tasty and easy to make. I used whole baby red onions instead of thinly sliced medium red onions.