1/1 Photo of Quick Pickled Peppers
The original recipe calls for shishito peppers. They have a little more bite than bell peppers, but are not as hot as chilis. If you can find them, go ahead and use them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb bell pepper (mix of red green orange or yellow)
- 2 1/2 cups rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly smashed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 small red chilies (optional)
- 1Cut peppers into 1/2 inch strips, lengthwise.
- 2In a medium saucepan, simmer the vinegar, 2 cups of water, garlic, salt, sugar, oregano, peppercorns, onion, and dried chilies, if using, until fragrant, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- 3Blanch peppers in a pot of boiling water until they begin to soften and lose a little color, about 2 to 3 minutes; drain peppers and pat dry.
- 4Place peppers, in a nonreactive container or canning jars, pour vinegar mixture over them to cover; seal tightly and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Pickled Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (803 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1166.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g