Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is served with sushi. Use within 1 day.
- 2 -4 ounces fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Peel the ginger and slice it thinly on a mandoline or grater.
- Sprinkle it with salt and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the ginger and lightly dry it.
- Toss the ginger with the sugar, vinegar, and water.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Add more vinegar, salt, or sugar to taste, then serve.
Wow! This ginger has a kick! I'm surprised that the ginger tastes this pickled in such a short amount of time. I think that I will enjoy them after they sit for a couple of hours. I like ginger, but I'm a wimp when it's this strong! ;) I made this exactly as listed and will make it again! Made for my teammate for ZWT6. Thanks Scarlett516! :)
This was a real lifesaver. I used this to garnish Recipe #305429. It really added the finishing touch. Made for *ZWT6* and a fellow No Nonsense Nibbler.
I love ginger, and loved this quick and easy recipe for pickled ginger. Thanks Scarlett516. Made for ZWT6.