Recipe by Chef MB
This are delicious and easy! I think the recipe came from Gourmet but I'm not sure. They're like cherry tomatoes but to a higher degree! Easily doubled.
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 strip lemon peel, 3-inchx1/2-inch (I used more)
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes or 12 ounces grape tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, coarsely chojpped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour vinegar and water in small saucepan. Add salt, sugar and lemon peel. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt. Remove from heat. Let cool 20 minutes.
- Pierce each tomato 2 times with a slender wooden skewer. (I interpreted this as take a toothpick and run it through.) Toss tomatoes, dill, garlic and red pepper in a large bowl. Add cooled vinegar mixture. Let stand at room temp at least two hours and up to eight hours.