Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
You won't have to wait long for these pickles - a speedy overnight stint in the fridge has them bursting with classic dill flavour, which will intensify the longer they sit (they will keep for up to 4 days). Be sure to use non-iodized, or pickling salt, table salt can turn pickled foods dark and make the brine cloudy.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
- 5 sprigs dill
- 1 finger chili, sliced (red or green)
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- In a 5-cup canning jar or a heatproof glass container, place garlic cloves, pickling spice, dill and 3-8 slices of chili (depending on your taste). Add beans, standing upright. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the water, vinegar and salt until the salt dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot brine into the jar, filling to about 1/4 in,. below the rim. Close the jar firmly and refrigerate overnight or up to 4 days.