Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Tastefully Simple "Hot pepper sauce and a jalapeno pepper give this snappy sauce just the right amount of zip. It makes a great dip for tortilla chips or a tangy sauce for tacos and fajitas. "This is always a big hit at parties and office gathering," writes Barbara Sellers of Shreveport, Louisiana. "I even make it for my mother when she needs to bring a dip to a party."
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and halved
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- tortilla chips
- In a blender, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 5 servings.
- Editor's Note: When cutting hot peppers, disposable gloves are recommended. Avoid touching your face.
This is a very tasty and simple recipe for a picante sauce. Made last night and followed the directions except for I did cut down on the fresh cilantro and added another half of jalapeno...I used red onions and at the end added a few green onions sliced real thin for some more color (and to use them up). Definately will make this again. Thank you. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.