Recipe by Bluenoser
a quick meal
Top Review by Bergy
What an easy tasty recipe. I am lucky to be able to buy home made perogies locally so they are super tasty. I made the whole dish stove top, just simmered it for 15 minutes. I used Mexican style stewed tomatoes and added precooked pork sauagaes. A great comfort food meal Thanks Bluenoser for posting
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen pierogies
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 large onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare perogies as per package directions for boiled perogies.
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add onions and mushrooms.
- Cook until soft and golden.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a shallow 2 qt casserole dish arrange perogies and cover with onion mixture.
- Bake covered 30 minutes.