Recipe by Iron Bloomers
Last minute supper--fast and easy. Serve with salad and garlic bread.
Top Review by Merlot
What a quick, easy and VERY flavorful pasta dish! I followed your instructions exactly using Romano for the cheese (one of our favorite cheeses). I had all the ingredients on hand (even the pepperoni from my left-over meat and cheese tray). :-) This is definitely a dish I will make over and over again. Thanks you so much, Barb T, this is a "keeper"!!!
- 6 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2⁄3 cup cubed pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 6 cups fresh spinach, washed, stems removed and torn
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain pasta; set aside, keeping warm.
- In a large skillet melt margarine; sauté mushrooms and pepperoni. Drain off fat.
- Stir in spinach till wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add pasta, basil and lemon juice with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Toss together and serve sprinkled with remaining cheese.