Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple, tasty dish!!
- 1 beef round steak, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add beef strips, stirring until browned.
- Add mushroom soup and 1 can of water.
- Add catsup and soy sauce.
- Add green peppers and onion.
- Simmer for 45 minutes until meat is tender.
- Serve over rice.
DH and I both loved this recipe. It was, indeed, quick and easy to throw together. I did cut down a little on the soy sauce, but only because I didn't have any of the low sodium soy and I am trying to watch that right now. I also served this over pasta because we had rice just the day before and I didn't want to serve rice 2 days in a row. It was really good over the noodles. I probably will continue to serve it over pasta instead of rice. That is just a personal preference. Thanks for the great recipe.
My husband loved this! He asked me to make it often. He usually just says it's okay, so this is special. It's also easy and quick to put together. Thanks Lois!
I was scared that this might "boil" the steak but I saw all of the five star ratings so I tried it. It did create tough pieces of meat for me. I loved the sauce, I only put in 2 TBSP soy sauce instead of 4 and it was way plenty salty with that soup in there. I also used milk instead of water. I added a fresh jalapeno with the green peppers for a little kick. Will make this again but I might cook the meat a different way and then add it to the mix next time.