Recipe by TigerJo~
I believe I found this recipe in our Sunday paper. It is very quick and tastes great; but I do not want to look at it's nutritional analysis. We prefer to use diced mushrooms instead of the pancetta, both because of texture and we usually have them on hand.
- 12 ounces penne rigate (we use whole wheat penne or ww fusilli)
- 3 tablespoons butter, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup pancetta, chopped or 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1⁄3 cup vodka
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Start a pot of salted water boiling.
- In a 12" skillet, melt butter over medium heat; when it foams, add pancetta (or mushrooms) and saute for about 6 minutes. Raise the heat to medium-high; add vodka. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly. Meanwhile, put pasta into the pot of boiling water.
- Add the marinara sauce and cream to the skillet. Simmer sauce gently, stirring occasionally; Add salt/pepper to taste. When pasta is just barely al dente, drain it and add it to the skillet.
- Gently stir pasta and sauce for a minute or two. Transfer to a hot bowl, and serve with the grated cheese.