Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This came out of an old 1986, Southern Living cookbook. Edited because I made these this morning..they are really good, DH snagged a few, but it made about 40. I also added a tsp of vanilla. The pie crust mix makes them very rich and do let them cool on the pan a few minutes when warm they are pretty fragile. DH gave them a 5 star and said I could throw away my old recipe... well that won't happen, but these are quick and something the kids would be able to do with ease. I hope you enjoy them also
- 1 (11 ounce) package pie crust mix
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients, and stir until blended.
- Separate dough into 1 inch balls.
- Flatten to 1/4 inch with fork making a criss cross pattern.
- Bake at 350° 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack, and let cool completely.