Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sometimes called No-Bake Cookies, this oatmeal candy is made with peanut butter chips instead of chocolate.
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, peanut butter chips, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- In a small saucepan, combine and stir sugars and evaporated milk. Bring to a rolling boil. Boil 1 minute; pour over oatmeal mixture and stir well. Form mixture into balls and place on waxed paper to cool. Keep in a covered container.
- Makes about 36.
- You may replace the peanut butter chips with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
I would not make this again. The mixture was very dry - I had to add some evaporated milk to it. Also, I had to dip them in chocolate because they were just not pretty enought to take to a party. The taste was so-so.